AGOL layer does not draw

Jump to solution
11-06-2018 05:16 AM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi folks, 

I have a landuse layer published and shared through this map: http://arcg.is/0TWKLa 

The Layer has 1010 polygons. When I published it I have set the maximum to 2000 features. I activated Optimize Layer Drawing as suggested somewhere else, I have rebuild the spatial index, I have defined the extent but the error message "The layer did not draw completely" maintains without actually drawing anything. I can open the attribute table though, can select a feature, can zoom to the layer and also see the selected feature in the map but nothing else. What can I do?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
MatthewDuffy
Occasional Contributor II

I am now researching a very similar issue as the one posted here, but with 1030 line features.  I did all of the suggested steps (optimize, check geometry) and it still will not draw. I am wondering, although the 'check geometry' tool did not find any errors, should I attempt to run the 'repair geometry' tool anyway?  That is what I'm going to try next, but if anyone can think of anything else on this, I'd be grateful for your advice.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Where are you checking your geometry (ArcMap, Pro, both)?  Pro has 2 methods of checking geometry and the OGC method appears to detect more issues.

I would backup the data and run the repair geometry anyway to see if there is an improvement.

0 Kudos
MatthewDuffy
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you very much for the reply Michael, I did try that to no avail. 

However, I noticed from previous threads I reviewed to look at the spatial index.  In my situation this time, the 'Rebuild Index' option from the item's description was not available and although it would let me access the button, it would not allow me to rebuild the index. 

This then led me to try another method from AGO where I create a new layer and import the data and/or schema from the layer that is currently not cooperating.  I had not previously attempted to create a layer from AGO and was surprised at the level of abilities there was available to do this. 

I created a new layer from AGO and based the schema from the exiting data at creation and then imported the data into the resultant data shell.  This process so far has worked very well for me in my current situation and I am now able to add the 1033 lines contained from within the created in AGO data layer, to the map and have it displayed correctly, without the dreaded orange triangle-"the layer did not draw completely".

RachelleDoucet
New Contributor III

I was having the same issue. I tried everything that was mentioned in this post, but was still having issues with features not drawing in my web map.

For me, the issue had to do with publishing a line feature class with m-values enabled. I created a new feature class with the m-value option disabled. I published to a new hosted feature layer in AGOL and it worked!