AGOL: Export to FGDB, downloaded zip is corrupt

Jump to solution
11-28-2017 07:48 AM
HannesZiegler2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all, I'm running into an odd issue with downloading a hosted feature layer from AGOL to a file geodatabase. I export the hosted feature layer to FGDB, and then download the resulting FGDB. However, when I complete the download, and try to unzip the FGDB, the file is currupted. This has happened three times in a row and the entire process takes around 45 minutes each time. So.. has anyone encountered an issue where the hosted feature layer they are trying to download as an FGDB is currupted, and were you able to resolve this issue? Any pointers/suggestions for troubleshooting would also be welcome. Right now I am attempting to export the hosted feature layer in ArcPro to a File Geodatabase as a featureclass, but it is my second attempt after the first attempt resulted in error (could not acquire data lock when trying to display in ArcMap). If this second attempt fails, I will try to export as a shapefile.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HannesZiegler2

Hi David, I did end up finding a solution to this, haven't realized I never updated my post, sorry about that! Take a look at this link:

How To: Retrieve attachments from a hosted feature service 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MatthewSkewes2
New Contributor III

I have had the same issue, usually with large data sets with lots of attachments. The last time it happened I used the append tool in ArcGIS Pro to pull the data down into an empty template of the online database. 

DavidLitke
Occasional Contributor

I tried to download online data using the append tool in ArcGIS Pro, but the attachments don't come down?

0 Kudos
HannesZiegler2

Hi David, I did end up finding a solution to this, haven't realized I never updated my post, sorry about that! Take a look at this link:

How To: Retrieve attachments from a hosted feature service 

DavidLitke
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. I don't have admin rights to my dataset, so I can't make replicas; guess I'll just have to corral the admin to do it.

0 Kudos
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

I've seen the exported file geodatabase get limited to 2GB, so you'll think it has been successful but you'll get a corrupt file geodatabase.

JoshuaCarver-Brown1
New Contributor III

I'm having the same issue. Unfortunately, I've got a process in place to download the fgdb with attachments on a weekly basis. It's not something I want to manually download on a weekly basis. I see that my service has 10-15 replicas outstanding. Could these be preventing a correct export of the fgdb?

0 Kudos