AGOL and Hosted PDFs

Jump to solution
08-31-2021 07:20 AM
DuaneTreadon
Occasional Contributor

I have a question allowing others to update a hosted PDF file in AGOL.   

I have a situation report PDF uploaded as a file in AGOL.  When the new situation report PDF for the event is issued I take it and update the hosted PDF in AGOL.  The problem is that I can’t seem to figure out how to share edit privileges so that others within our AGOL organization can update the PDF.  I am looking to use this in an EOC type operation where staff is working in 12 hour shifts each with their own organizational AGOL login account. 

The test users settings I've used are, both have User Type of 'Creator' and for role one is 'Administrator' (me, creator the hosted PDF service) and the other is a 'Publisher' (I also set them to Editor but had same results).  When I am logged in I see the Update button on the Details page for the PDF.  However, the other user only sees the Open button.  I even put the PDF in a group and set the group so that all group members could edit items.  The group members could edit a map I created, but they could only view the PDF and not update it.

Is it possible for other members to update a hosted PDF and if so, how?

Thanks,

Duane 'JT' Treadon, GISP
Director of GIS | City of Thomasville | Technology Resources

Any idea on how I need to set up a user and a group so that other members can update a hosted PDF service?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@DuaneTreadon , only you as the content owner or an administrator can update portal items.

The solution to this is to create a custom editor or publisher role with an added privilege, to be able to modify other users' content:

1. In the organisation settings > navigate to member roles:

Brooks_SummitGeo_1-1630420538673.png

2. Create a custom role that matches your desired role for your users, but add in the following privilege.

Brooks_SummitGeo_0-1630420469034.png

David
..Maps with no limits..

View solution in original post

3 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@DuaneTreadon , only you as the content owner or an administrator can update portal items.

The solution to this is to create a custom editor or publisher role with an added privilege, to be able to modify other users' content:

1. In the organisation settings > navigate to member roles:

Brooks_SummitGeo_1-1630420538673.png

2. Create a custom role that matches your desired role for your users, but add in the following privilege.

Brooks_SummitGeo_0-1630420469034.png

David
..Maps with no limits..
DuaneTreadon
Occasional Contributor

That did it.  THANKS SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

My pleasure. Spent many moons trying to resolve this with user Groups with "update capabilities", but that's been a red herring for many users up to now!

David
..Maps with no limits..