Address Privacy

03-20-2019 07:05 AM
GeorgeKatsambas
Occasional Contributor III

I have a very large database of clients lat/lon which correspond to their address. When used in a static map and by being zoomed out its hard to pinpoint their location, However, on a web map it is easy to zoom in to precise location. Now on a web map I can disable the scales so when you zoom in it can be restricted. I have also used spatial join to show residents by zip code polygon, but as I am interested in clustering I was wondering is there a way to take 100 000 precise points and somehow offset them from their precise street address to a close intersection?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GeorgeKatsambas
Occasional Contributor III

I have looked at Spatial Joins to Block groups etc, but I would prefer the individual point data that can be symbolized by one particular attribute. This is lost when I join points (many) to a polygon (one), so in essence I am looking for someway to mask the actual lat lon or perhaps randomize it somewhere in a polygon. I also used zip code centroids and joined my many points like that  but not too thrilled with that result, too centralized for my liking.

0 Kudos