Additional credit block lifespan

Jump to solution
07-17-2018 08:17 AM
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I have an organizational account through the ArcGIS Home Use program. At the 2017 UC, I found myself with a credit balance of zero. While still at the UC on 7/13/2017, I purchased an additional block of 1,000 credits.

Fast forward to this past week. On Thursday (7/12/2018), I had somewhere in the neighborhood of 740 credits. On Saturday, I log into my account and see that my balance is now 93 credits. I've done nothing with my account in the intermediate days (no adding layers, using premium content, etc) so I'm at a loss to explain the drastic reduction in credits other than ESRI removed the remaining block of unused credits 1 year from their initial purchase.

But that doesn't make sense either because on the ArcGIS website it states that additional credit bundles are good for 24 months. So are additional credit bundles purchased for a Home Use organizational account treated differently?

(I haven't done it yet but I will be contacting customer service later today about this)

P.S. Shoutout to this ArcGIS Idea about rollover credits.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Hi Kelly,

Yes- I was waiting for confirmation before updating the thread. I did contact customer service & they confirmed that this was an error. They did not, however, provide any explanation on how it may have happened. The credits were finally restored to my account today. Moral of the story- keep an eye on your credits like a hawk.

Thanks,

Steve

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please contact Customer Service. They can see which credits expired as part of your entitlement and what the balance on your purchased credits was. 

Contact Us | Esri About 

1 (888) 377-4575

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Steve,

Any updates on this? You are correct in that additionally purchased credit blocks are good for two years. This sounds like there is an issue with something on your account that should be fixed by customer service. Let us know if you need any more help.

SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Hi Kelly,

Yes- I was waiting for confirmation before updating the thread. I did contact customer service & they confirmed that this was an error. They did not, however, provide any explanation on how it may have happened. The credits were finally restored to my account today. Moral of the story- keep an eye on your credits like a hawk.

Thanks,

Steve