Adding new fields to hosted feature service

Jump to solution
03-19-2021 09:08 AM
LMSID
by
New Contributor

I have a hosted feature layer with multiple view layers created from it. I need to add new data to the hosted feature layer (new columns/fields). I get the data in .xlsx format, so need to use a join to attach to my hosted feature layer.

Is there an easy way to do this without disrupting existing symbology/WebApps/etc.?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You're probably better of creating the new field empty and using a field calculation or python to populate its values.

Or even if you do the join and re-publish the main layer, add the new field first. We've had hosted layers where a republish with new fields doesn't correctly update the view layers, and the new field isn't accessible on the views.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You're probably better of creating the new field empty and using a field calculation or python to populate its values.

Or even if you do the join and re-publish the main layer, add the new field first. We've had hosted layers where a republish with new fields doesn't correctly update the view layers, and the new field isn't accessible on the views.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS