Select to view content in your preferred language

Adding .csv tables to the new ArcGIS Online Map Viewer - Tables no longer supported?

Jump to solution
07-04-2024 07:02 PM
NR96
by
New Contributor III

Good Evening,

I have been using the new ArcGIS Online Map Viewer with my high school (Grades 9 to 12) students for the past year.  It is terrific and has enabled me to further my students understanding of the many applications of GIS,

I am building a lesson right now that requires the joining of a .csv file to the attribute table of an existing layer.  This was a simple step up until I tried it tonight.  I spent an hour thinking the problem was with my .csv file.

I now find that ArcGIS Online Map Viewer now does not support tables?  I was able to add the .csv file and complete the table join with no problem in ArcGIS Online Map VIewer Classic.

Please will the ability to add .csv files be re-activated in Map Viewer?  I don't want to have to revert back to the Classic version with my students.  So many of my lessons hinge on table joins.

Any information that you can provide me with would be much appreciated.  Again, up until recently I did not have this difficulty - what happened?

Much appreciated.

Nicholas R.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings @NR96 

Very sorry to have fallen off the radar on this one 😣 However, I am also puzzled that first, it did not work for you and that four weeks later, all of a sudden it started working again.

In any case, I am glad things are working again and that you can continue with your lesson projects as before.

And my congratulations for persevering and for using this wonderful tool that is ArcGIS Online for teaching the science of Geography and GIS to your students! 

Good luck in the future.

Miguel
0 Kudos