Adding a record to related table in crowdsource manager is not working

Jump to solution
01-17-2018 01:57 PM
DemoOwner
New Contributor II

I have successfully configured crowdsource manager using related tables in the past, specifically using Survey123 responses that have a repeat. Today I'm trying to use it with a features class of shelters which has  related table of status reports (1 to many relationship). The feature class with related table was published through ArcMap to my AGOL account. I'm able to edit this feature class and the related table (edit the related table entries and add new ones) just fine in Collector, but in Crowdsource Manager 2 weird things are happening.

1. When I try to add a new report to the related table, it just gets hung up and never finished. It looks like this (I let it go for almost an hour before giving up). 

2. For features that DO have related table entries already, the "comments" tab, which I have renamed "Status Report", does not even show up at all, so I cannot even view the related entries. See screenshots below.

First, a screenshot of a feature with NO related table entry (see the status report tab)

And now, here is what a record looks like when it does have a related record (notice no Status Report tab)

So what is causing this? Is there something in the configuration of the feature layer? Is there a limitation to Crowdsource Manager that I'm not aware of, I'm admittedly very new to this. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DemoOwner
New Contributor II

Allison, I was doing some testing and I think just that feature was corrupted somehow before publishing. I created a new feature class and imported the fields from the original and published that new feature class and the app works just fine. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Could you share the URL to your application, or even the URL to the service that you are using that is causing the issue?

0 Kudos
DemoOwner
New Contributor II

Hi yes, I created a dummy data set with the same schema as the original data (can't share the actual data). With the new data set I'm still running into this issue. Note that there are records in the related table for Blue Shelter and Purple Shelter. 

Link to app

Link to data

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

I'm suspecting this issue has to do with how the relationship is set up. I'll look into why this relationship setup isn't working in Manager (it should!), but to get you up and running, could you try setting the relationship up using Global ID/GUID fields?

In ArcMap, use the Add Global IDs gp tool to add a Global ID field to the feature class, and use the Add Field gp tool to add a field of type GUID to the table. Then, set up a one-to-many relationship using the Global ID field as the origin and the GUID field as the destination. Make sure you delete the old relationship class before re-publishing.

Please let me know if you run into the same issue with the relationship set up like this.

-Allison

0 Kudos
DemoOwner
New Contributor II

I republished the service with the relationship on the new GUID field and this did not resolve the problem. New service is here.

0 Kudos
DemoOwner
New Contributor II

Allison, I was doing some testing and I think just that feature was corrupted somehow before publishing. I created a new feature class and imported the fields from the original and published that new feature class and the app works just fine. 

AllisonMuise1

Glad it's working for you now!

0 Kudos