Select to view content in your preferred language

'Add to groups' feature gone for adding users to multiple groups at once

Jump to solution
10-27-2023 08:00 AM
ErinCourtney
New Contributor II

Since the most recent ArcGIS Online update on 10/25/23, I no longer have the ability to add users to multiple groups at once using the 'Add to groups' button. It has disappeared. Am I missing something? It used to be right under 'Groups' when you looked at a user's groups. This functionality is so helpful, and is still listed in the ArcGIS Online Manage Groups documentation, but I don't see the option anymore. My permissions have not changed, and I can still add/delete users to groups one at a time.

ErinCourtney_0-1698418979873.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Thank you for your feedback.  When we improved the user experience for the Groups page, we determined that the Organization page Members tab provides the best experience for adding members to groups.  The large page size, search and filter capabilities on the members tab allow for selecting the right set of members.  The Manage group membership action allows for filtering groups by group characteristics, then adding or removing all selected users from each group. Here's a help topic that will describes how to access this from Organization-Members tab

Assign members to groups

We are still open to feedback on whether the Organization page Members tab experience can be improved or access from the Groups page is important for this functionality.

We will address the discrepancy in the documentation in our next update.

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Thank you for your feedback.  When we improved the user experience for the Groups page, we determined that the Organization page Members tab provides the best experience for adding members to groups.  The large page size, search and filter capabilities on the members tab allow for selecting the right set of members.  The Manage group membership action allows for filtering groups by group characteristics, then adding or removing all selected users from each group. Here's a help topic that will describes how to access this from Organization-Members tab

Assign members to groups

We are still open to feedback on whether the Organization page Members tab experience can be improved or access from the Groups page is important for this functionality.

We will address the discrepancy in the documentation in our next update.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
ErinCourtney
New Contributor II

@MikeMinami Thank you for your reply. While I see the ux for Groups is changed, I have yet to determine if it was improved. I come from the school of thought that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. However, it is helpful that the functionality of 'Add to groups' still exists, even if the steps have changed. I appreciate you providing that documentation.

Thanks,

Erin

AdriannaBarton
New Contributor III

I was also wondering where this button went. Seems like they could've kept both buttons available instead of making the only option very hidden...