Add Space Between Combined Fields in Field Calculator

Jump to solution
05-07-2018 07:30 AM
JRAdams
New Contributor III

In the ArcGIS Online field calculator I am trying to combine a few other fields into one (address field) and cannot figure out how to put a space between the fields. I am sure it is something simple, but I am unable to find the answer elsewhere. Please help! I've tried everything I can think of. 

Thank you!!! AGOL Admin fieldcalculator #arcgisonline

0 Kudos
34 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Is field calculation in AGOL restricted to Arcade?

Then is the best suggestion is to do the 'work' of field concatenation in ArcGIS PRO or ArcMap?  (where you have options, like superior Python )

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Dan- if a a feature service is hosted on AGOL, you are limited to playing by the AGOL rules. I've done python calculations (my preference; your influence) in ArcGIS Pro on feature services hosted on our own portal.... 

Dan Patterson

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

I was able to make the two suggestions above work in HTML view (highlighted yellow below) of a custom popup, outside of the arcade expression. The paragraph padding method worked better, as the non breaking spaces were converted to spaces the next time I edited the popup configuration. 

Mike

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Oh I was doing it in the return statement.  That is where I use my \n.  I do this so that I have a return of '' it does not leave a blank like for no reason.  

Adding HTML is a bit of a pain.  Whenever I go back in to edit the popup it changes back to just text and then wipes any custom HTML.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Adding HTML is a bit of a pain.  Whenever I go back in to edit the popup it changes back to just text and then wipes any custom HTML.

You have to click the HTML view option to view the HTML. That being said, I found that the paragraph style with padding persisted in HTML view whereas the & nbsp; would disappear.

0 Kudos