add PDF in AGOL Content to Web App Builder?

03-23-2021 08:11 AM
JasonFitzsimmons
Occasional Contributor

I uploaded a PDF to my organization's content. Now I would like to add a link or some way to open this PDF from a Web App Builder webapp. Is there a way to do this?

I copied the link from the PDF shown in our ArcGIS Online account (hosted on arcgis btw, not Portal) and added that link to the app header in the 'Attribute' section of  Web App Builder editor, but the link was only active for a few minutes (now the link results in a 'Request has expired' message).

I guess I could copy the text into the 'About' widget window but I'd rather not do that...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LauraB
by
New Contributor

Hey @JasonFitzsimmons,

Are the PDFs to be viewed as "standalone" or are they associated with features on the map for the web appBuilder app?

If the latter, you could configure the pop-up of the layer, to view the PDFs in the pop-ups. 

0 Kudos
JasonFitzsimmons
Occasional Contributor

Hello, it is stand alone, and ideally would be opened without the need to engage in the map at al (it is a basic how-to instruction guide, for using the web app ) 

0 Kudos
HarryBell
New Contributor II

I too would like the ability to add a link in Experience Builder to a PDF I have uploaded onto the organisation site to act as a helpguide.

0 Kudos