Add data to a related table in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
06-17-2016 10:47 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

My idea originates from this Collector for ArcGIS tutorial demonstrating how to use relationship classes to establish a link between Hydrants and Inspections within Collector. The upshot of the tutorial is that, once a Hydrant is created, many inspections can be associated with that hydrant in an Inspections table.

Basically I want to replicate this behavior, but instead of using Hydrants and Inspections I want to establish this link between a Project Description layer and a Milestones layer. For instance, say I make a new Project in San Jose, CA using a Geo Form. I want to create the functionality that would essentially let users click a button that says 'Add a Milestone' and then they can update the Milestone related table with new information.

I have created a relationship class between my Project Description and Milestone layers in ArcGIS for Desktop and pushed it up to ArcGIS Online and have confirmed with test data that the the relationship exists. However, in order to Add records to the Milestone table, I've only been able to use either Collector for ArcGIS or ArcGIS for Desktop. Neither of these solutions are acceptable for my workflow, as I am developing an application for a client whose users will not be using either platform. The users can only interact with the data via a Web Mapping Application. Does anyone know of any method, custom custom widget or otherwise, to add data to a related table within ArcGIS Online without using Collector?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Jason,

Currently, adding new related records is not available using ArcGIS Online. Thank you for supporting the following idea:

https://community.esri.com/ideas/12156

View solution in original post

7 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Jason,

Currently, adding new related records is not available using ArcGIS Online. Thank you for supporting the following idea:

https://community.esri.com/ideas/12156

Stephanie_F
Esri Contributor

Kelly Gerrow‌ Has this functionality been updated- Does GeoForm support editing in related tables?

JoelClark2
New Contributor III

That is unfortunately not the answer I wanted to hear.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Joel - I was able to resolve this issue by leveraging the Crowdsource Manager application - this template supports adding related records within a Desktop (i.e., non-mobile) application. Here's what my current, fairly comprehensive, workflow looks like:

1. Add records to database using a GeoForm: GeoForm
  2. Analyze records using Web AppBuilder: WAB
  3. Add and edit related records using Crowdsource Manager: Crowdsource
  4. These three applications are then exposed to users via the Minimal Gallery application:Gallery

Hope this helps!

JoelClark2
New Contributor III

I will take a look at that. Thanks for following up!

0 Kudos
KevinMacLeodCAI
Occasional Contributor II

Is this implemented? I am trying to do the same thing and it appears it is not, and the only workaround currently is using the Editor Widget in WebApp Builder or to use Collector. This is essential as most customers have assets that need routine inspections or repairs which would be tracked through related tables. I would also propose the ability to create a related table in ArcGIS Online without needing to create it in Desktop. 

Andrew_Bartshire
New Contributor II

I believe this functionality has now been added to AGOL. You can establish layer views and establish relationships when you setup that view.

0 Kudos