Web Map Related Record Attachments

07-27-2016 11:45 AM
TimothyTabor
New Contributor II

TLDR: Implement the data tab view where related record attachments can be shown into the Web Map.

The Data tab is nice for people managing the data but sharing it through a Web Map or Operations Dashboard is still not available. In other words, it is still difficult to share related record attachments. The ideal place is through the webmap where users can select a location, see related records, and open related record attachments.   I would like the user to be able to click on the point, show related records, and go to the column like in the data tab where you can show photos and files (Image 1). Image 2 shows the Web Map view with a possible location for that column. Ideally, the Web Map builder would be able to customize the table to put that Photos and Files column wherever they want in the table.

Figure 1. View of related record and attachment Data Tab in AGOL

Image 2. Related record view in Web Map

14 Comments
ShaunGibbins2

Can't understand why the request https://community.esri.com/ideas/11019#comment-39713 was closed without fulfilment and now the voting starts from scratch!

but thanks Tim for sticking with it, you have my vote

MikeMinami

The goal is to have the same table you see on the data tab available in the map viewer as well and we are working towards that. I'm not sure about Dashboard... As far as seeing photo attachments in the map viewer today, attachments are only visible in the popup window, and  you have to make sure the popup is configured to show attachments.

attachments.JPG

TimothyTabor

Hi Mike,

Related records do not show up in the popup window so no attachments show up for them. As of the June update the only way to view related record attachments in AGOL is through the Data Tab as shown in my first image. In the Web Map you can only view feature layer attachments, not related records.

Tim

MikeMinami

Yes, you are right Tim...I misunderstood. I thought you meant viewing attachments on the layer.

Mike

TimothyTabor

They changed the idea to partially implemented so hopefully those votes will still help with the full implementation.

StedinNetbeheer_B_V_

There have been significant improvements to using Related tables such as the Edit Widget.

However not being able to access the photos in the related table from the map view in either AGOL or Web App Builder is a significant limitation. 

I cannot recommend using related records if users cannot access the photos from the map view. 

Will there be any progress on this in coming releases of AGOL?

Thanks,

Annette

MikeMinami

Our current goal is to release an updated table view in the Map Viewer at the next release. This view will essentially provide the same viewing capability as the table view on the Data tab of an item, although in a smaller format. Once the integration in the map viewer is complete, this will allow other client apps, like Web App Builder to utilize the new table.

Thanks,

Mike

TimothyTabor

Thank you for keeping us up to date Mike. I am looking forward to that release!

MikeMinami

As of last weeks update to ArcGIS Online, the Map Viewer table now supports showing related records and attachments just like the Data tab.

Thanks,

Mike

LemvigKommune1

Hi

When will this be avalible on Portal ?