Support for Contingent Values in ArcGIS Online

05-17-2019 08:39 AM
KyleWikstrom
Occasional Contributor II

Contingent Values in ArcGIS Pro helps data technicians in the office to efficiently manage the ensure the integrity of their data. Light data users could take advantage of this as well through ArcGIS Online whether in the office or using Collector in the field, making sure that data entry is simple and effective and that the data is of highest quality.

Use Case: Road Sign Technicians using Collector enter a sign code and then see the possible values available for other attributes. Stop signs have 3 sizes available, and In-Street Pedestrian Crossing signs have 2 sizes available, and so on.

Thanks team!

55 Comments
RoseF
by

It looks to me like this still "Under Consideration" almost two years later... does that seem right?!?!

Count this as another "upvote" for these capabilities to be available in AGOL, Collector, Field Maps, etc. It would sure be cool for my users to choose a "type" and then have a few other fields auto-populate for them. 

Is there some other way to have this functionality... for instance, should I be looked at a relate or a relationship class? I'd just really love a user to enter a "type" and have the pop-up be auto-populated with his/her new "type" entry. I'm working in AGOL (the web app builder using Smart Editor tool) but I'm sure if it's useful in AGOL, it'd be useful in Field Maps as well.

CharlieFredericks1

This article from 2/17/22 states that, "Support for contingent attribute values in Field Maps will be released in Q1 [2022] and available for beta testing in the early access program soon." 

With the Q1 release having been released this past week, and this feature not being included, is there any update on when this functionality might be available? There are countless uses for this function across our organization and the lack of the release in Q1 was pretty disappointing. Thank you for any update!

ErickPoundFDNY

@CharlieFredericks1-- According to the release notes for Field Maps, they didn't finish the feature in time for the Q1 release. They are considering an out-of-cycle release for contingent values. What is still unclear to me is whether or not that means it will be supported in AGOL. I'm thinking that as Field Maps basically looks directly at AGOL it will, however I haven't seen any reference to that.

zkovacs

According to this post, they are now fully supported in AGOL. I have tested it and worked fine for me in Field Maps and using the new map viewer. Although they don't seem to be supported in the web app builder, they did work using the Sidebar Instant App template.

Hope this helps.

hecval
by

It would be extremely useful to be able to use contingent values in online applications