Show ArcGIS Online Credit Usage for users in a group

08-28-2014 01:53 PM
BruceHall
New Contributor II
  • Need to be able to assign maximum credit usage allowed by user for a time period
  • Show the same summary information available by users for groups
  • Show the percent of total credits used by user
  • Export report
2 Comments
KellyGerrow
As this idea refers to some ideas that exist, and some additional ideas the title of the idea has been changed to be specific to the 2nd item.
To support the idea: 
- Need to be able to assign maximum credit usage allowed by user for a time period, please see if the following idea accurately describes your needs or log a new idea: https://community.esri.com/ideas/10084
Export report please see if the following idea accurately describes your idea or log a new idea: https://community.esri.com/ideas/10836

Please let us know how these would be helpful to your organization by adding more details about the specific functionality you are looking for in the comments section.

-Kelly
DanMallett

Hi Kelly, rather than creating a new idea I thought I'd respond to this one.  The organization I'm working with requires a breakdown of credit usage by group -- in their case a group is a Ministry in the government.

Each Ministry pays for their usage independently, while the government as a whole wants to be able to share maps&apps between ministries and only have to administer a single ArcGIS Online organization.

We've attempted to implement a custom credit report, however, a number of challenges make this difficult:

1. users can be part of many groups and are able to remove themselves from a group in ArcGIS Online.  For reporting purposes we need a the notion of a "Home Group" for each user that they cannot be removed from.
  2. storage credits are not assigned to specific users but are associated with the organization as a whole
  3. Any credits consumed via app proxy are also not assigned to specific users but associated with the organization as a whole.
  4. Users that are deleted from ArcGIS Online 

Although we've found workarounds for the above challenges -- the results are difficult to reconcile with the credit usage as reported on the ArcGIS Online Status page.

It would be extremely beneficial if this functionality was built directly into ArcGIS Online.

Thanks!