Search for user names in AGO

10-17-2015 12:47 AM
Josef_Strobl
Occasional Contributor
Current I can search for names, but not usernames - this would be needed to select by pre- or postfixes used to categorize users.
3 Comments
KellyGerrow
Thank you for submitting this idea. Can you provide some additional details of what tasks you are performing when searching for usernames? Is this to invite members to the organization, groups or to assign roles? 
AlisonSlaats

Thanks for writing up this idea Josef. Kelly - I can provide an example - we use our AGOL site to allow users from different departments and/or organizations to see different maps and apps. We've used a user-naming convention such as "username.division". I'd like to be able to search for all users with a suffix of a division. For example, "*.marketing" and get all the users with that name. See also this idea that is getting at the same concept but with email addresses. 

https://community.esri.com/ideas/11001-agol-organization-admin-allow-filtering-users-by-email

I would be great if the user search tools for users in the AGOL organization interface could be improved.

KristenJordan1

We do the same type of user organization in our AGO, lastname_dept. It'd be really nice to be able to search the usernames by the dept abbreviation.