Saving styles in ArcGIS Online for further use

03-14-2019 03:22 AM
UlrihcaMalmberg
New Contributor II

One thing I am missing in ArcGIS online is the possibility to save styles set to a layer and apply it to other layers. This would greatly reduce the work amount if many layers will have the same style.‌

Example:

I have a polygon layer and assign styles to the attributes based on their field values. What I wish is to save this to a "style file". If I then create a new layer I wish to import the style file. The only thing I would need to do is to link the fields in the new layer that will be mapped to the style file.

For instance could deciduous forest have code "1" for field "land cover" in the original layer and will be given the style dark green. 

When I import the style file for another layer I mark which field to match with the style file. If the new layer also  have a field named "land cover" and I mark it as the style link - anything with code "1" will have the style dark green. #

Tags (1)
1 Comment
TimothyKing3

I totally agree!  I am suprised that there is no way to save your own styles on AGO.  I have to  create screengrabs of my custom icons and then upload them individually as items, share them to everyonre, and then manually add them to my custom images under symbology and even then I do not have the ability to organize the images.  I have been looking for a way to do this and think it has to be possible but so far I haven't had any luck.

Thanks 

LTK