Popup windows support standard HTML tags for formatting

11-08-2016 11:47 AM
ClarkLangridge
Occasional Contributor II

The popup windows in AGOL only support certain HTML formatting tags, as described here.  As a result, standard tags such as <sup> for superscripts are automatically removed when you close the map, even though they render just fine when you include them.  For instance (and this is why this issue has come up), I'm am trying to setup a popup that includes the area of the selected polygon, which is represented in square metres.  Because I can't use the <sup> tag, I have will have to use a work around like m^2, which does not look nearly as professional as saying m2 . Please include the functionality to use the standard HTML formatting tags in the popup window.

4 Comments
ClarkLangridge

P.S., note that I used the <sup> tag in this idea, so it clearly isn't a technological issue.

by Anonymous User

Also add <summary> and <detail> tags for the ability to have expandable dropdowns in pop-ups!

by Anonymous User

And title=  title element attribute.  Hopefully full HTML inline support will come to the next-gen AGOL in 2020. And maybe even CSS??

JohnMDye

Ugh, what an oversight. With internal stylesheets please! There's no reason I should have to use inline styling on every element and write the exact same style 100 times.