Increased Editing Granularity at the Group Level for CRUD Activities for Feature Services

08-09-2021 08:18 AM
BlairDeaver3
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

It would be very helpful if an AGOL Administrator could have greater flexibility when configuring CRUD (create, read, update, and delete) permissions across a Feature Service.  For example here are some potential use cases which I am not seeing a way to address using the Feature Service, Host View Layer, and Web Map configuration options:

1. Allow Group A to insert new records but only allow Group B to update records
  2. Column/Field level permissions (Group A can view and edit fields 1,2,3 and Group B can view and edit fields 4,5,6)

I realize this is an epic feature request, but it would be extremely helpful from a configuration stand point.  Thank you for your consideration.

Tags (1)
2 Comments
rsun_TQB

I agree. This would be epic, not just for AGOL. This type of configuration should be for ArcGIS for Enterprise as well.

Cheers,

Reno

by Anonymous User

Hi @BlairDeaver3 - I believe that you may be able to accomplish this with hosted feature layer views and editing settings. Starting from your initial hosted feature layer, you can create two hosted feature layer views. 

Hosted Feature Layer View A:

Hosted Feature Layer View B:

• Shared to Group B
  • Only Updates are allowed
  • Hide fields 1, 2 and 3 in the view definition. 

Does this work for your use case? 

Thanks,

-Peter