Groups - Pick and choose which content is shown on Overview Page

05-23-2023 05:47 AM
RichardLittlefield
Occasional Contributor II

I'd like to be able to pick and choose the content displayed on the Group Overview page. In the Settings > Under "Content" I'll typically set the setting, "By default, display the following type of item on the group page" to only show "Apps". This is a great setting. Typically, your end users are only interested in the Apps and don't need to see all the content that makes up an app. However, I'd like to filter this down even more. I'd only like it to display one app, instead of all of them. I've created an experience builder landing page. This landing page has icons to surveys, dashboards, editable surveys, etc. All of these things are considered Apps. I only want to show my one App which is the landing page not the others. That way they start with the same experience every time. One idea could be to expand the filter on the apps to the kind of app (Experience Builder, Survey, Dashboard, Web App Builder, etc.), but I'd prefer to be able to pick and choose. That way if I have multiple experiences builder apps and only wanted to highlight one of them, I could do that. In this case I'd only like to highlight my experience builder landing page, not the other experiences used in this landing page.

My end users are getting confused and clicking on the editable surveys (the form), these edit already existing survey data. The survey is used in an experience builder page the allows you to edit the existing data. So the actual form they are clicking on leads them to believe they can't edit the data, however they're just not clicking the right app. Being able to only display my landing page on the overview page would solve this problem. More advanced users could still use the Group > Content tab to view all the items shared with the group if they needed to.

RichardLittlefield_0-1684844519959.png

RichardLittlefield_1-1684845981033.png

3 Comments
BernSzukalski
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

If I understand what you are trying to do correctly, this is possible now.

BernSzukalski_0-1684858741864.png

This blog article describes the process of curating your group content overview.

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/curate-group-gallery/

Another good way to display group content is to use Category Gallery:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/category-gallery/

RichardLittlefield

Learned something new today. 😊 Thank you @BernSzukalski ! This was exactly I was looking for. I curated the gallery for all of my groups and it worked perfectly. Now all of my end users will hopefully stop clicking the wrong application and be forced to start with the proper one. 

While trying to google this solution, I guess I was using the wrong terms. I was trying to search for the content settings or recently added content that are either on the overview page or in the group settings. Switching the group to the curated content, changes the language on the overview page to 'Featured group content'. If I knew that, maybe that would have helped my searching. Either way, thanks again Bernie! I'll most likely use this setting for all my future group creation moving forward.

BernSzukalski

Glad it worked out for your needs. I always say it's a good day when you learn something new, and I learn something new here every day.