Credits – Better Balance Statements

06-04-2015 12:11 PM
JamesAshton
New Contributor III

I am aware of the credit tools available to AGOL administrators. What these tools don’t do is help me understand the major bulk deposits and debits. We have AGOL accounts that come from desktop entitlements, we have AGOL accounts that come from a XXX seat subscription, We also have occasionally purchased additional credits. These are all in the same AGOL organization/subscription. These renewal dates for (entitlements/subscription seats purchases) occurred at different times. Keep also in mind that credits do not roll over!!!!

Last week I had 17K credits this week I only have 5K and I don’t know what came in or out of the account other than the 500 credits that I can attribute to storage of features in the organization using the provided admin tools.  So perhaps some credits that I bought, or last years entitlements got debited due to renewal - ie credits did not roll over.
Also  I cannot tell if I got my credits associated with yearly entitlements, or credits associated with a renewed subscription? 

For SaaS to work AGOL should to have more transparent -   "Balance Statements" or reporting on bulk credit deposits/debits

Bulk Deposits

• Yearly Entitlements
  • Yearly Subscription
  • Additional bulk purchases

Debits

• Usage – Tools exist for this
  • Credits that don’t rollover
4 Comments
CraigEissler2

Yes, this is an issue!

All of these different Service Credit "types" need to be accessible for management purposes, and related to each other on one page, so-to-speak.

MegHoole
  • I would like to see what percent of total credits have been allocated to members.
  • It would be useful to be able to sort on credits allocated in the organization page/view.
  • It would be useful to distinguish between purchased and free credits and which of those have been allocated.  Further it would be useful to be able to allocate purchased credits to certain members within our organization (we have multiple branches/departments which have their own budgets and may desire to purchase credits for their own use.  Currently I track this outside of AGO in an excel spreadsheet).
  • It should not be possible to allocate more credits than the total credits remaining in the organization - currently this can be done.  Total credits allocated can be greater than total credits remaining on the subscription  i.e. credits remaining = 1000;  user A credits = 500, user B credits = 500, user C credits = 500; total credits allocated = 1500.  See related idea here:  https://community.esri.com/ideas/14086 
NathanLowry-Plummer

Turns out that Esri has robust credit accrual reporting and a Power BI dashboard (Esri, see Esri Case #03094929), but these tools currently are only available to Esri customer representatives and others within the Esri.com domain and not to ArcGIS Online customers directly.

The accrual of credits must include not only include accrual from additional credits when purchased (which currently expire after two years) but also credits accrued with Named User license purchases (Mobile Worker, Editor, Creator) and when annual maintenance for existing ArcGIS desktop licenses are renewed (as this number is the number of Creator licenses an Organization has plus any term Named User licenses purchased).

I have voted up your Idea and will share it broadly with both Esri and industry associates to have it elevated.

See also: Credit Status Page - Include Addition of Credits

NikHenryOz

This is must for transparent reporting on status credits for the AGOL platform