ArcGIS Online filter users by location/country - a missing feature?

09-07-2018 02:57 AM
RBMartinez
New Contributor II

The organization I work for is an International Non-Profit Organization having a multitude of projects in over 40 countries.  In our current ArcGIS Online account subscription, we need to filter (or identify) our 200+ user accounts either by Country or Projects where they work.

I have already submitted a Case for the above to Esri Support Services, but unfortunately, they replied, "as of now there is a not a possibility to do the same."

I wish for this feature be added to help global organizations with AGOL subscriptions view their logistics at a glance: where their employees are deployed worldwide, see what projects they are working on, etc.

5 Comments
BillFox

Hello Roberto,

Ask esri about their previous Geography Network:

Bye Bye Geography Network

"With lots of changes over time to  GIS and geographic information and the technologies used to serve them, the Geography Network has been replaced by better alternatives to publish and find data (like ArcGIS ). Much of the same exact content, and much more content that has been updated, can now be found and used in easier and better ways. So ESRI is planning to retire the Geography Network in late December 2009."

Using the Geography Network
The main feature of the Geography Network is invoked by clicking the “Geography Network Explorer” link on the home page. This launches a second window where the user can either browse through the available datasets or search by a variety of methods. There is an interactive map to narrow to search down geographically or you can type in the place you are interested in finding data and map services for. You can then search for specific type of data or have all data source for your selected region selected. The data is then viewable through a basic mapping applet. You can pan, zoom and print out maps from this window. In some cases the data is also available for immediate downloaded and is indicated by the icon.

Caitlin DempseyEarl Nordstrand‌ gis lounge‌ Experience the History of ESRI and GIS

geography_network‌

KellyGerrow

Hi Roberto,

Do you need to filter and identify users within an organization or features on a map?

-Kelly

RBMartinez

Hi Kelly,

We need to filter and identify our Organization's users by location/country where currently deployed and the Project(s) they are involved in.

Thank you,

Bobby

KellyGerrow

HI Bobby,

Thanks for the feedback.

We are working on some functionality to better categorize members in a future release. I'm going to update the title of this idea, but please share other types of categories that may be helpful to your users.

-Kelly

RBMartinez

Hi Kelly,

Being an International NGO, another category that we are looking at, is the “Filter by Projects” of our users.

There may be several ongoing Projects in one country, for example, and some users maybe be involved in 1 or 2 agriculture-related projects.

Thank you.

Bobby