ArcGIS Online Chart Customization

07-27-2012 06:39 AM
DanielBally3
New Contributor II
Hi,

I would like to be able to change the colors of the pie chart sections to match our data's symbology. This would be useful when trying to correspond Dot Density symbology with the chart results. 

0EME0000000TRYa
37 Comments
MattPBr_app

Both in ArcGIS Pro and in ArcGIS online, charts should be configurable, for instance to select colours, axis titles and labels (which are currently frozen and require being hovered on to be visible).

JHayes
by

Chart colors should match the colors on the map. It would be great if ESRI would make this happen. Thanks!

CECNorthAmericanAtlas

I have the same problem, I created a pie chart that I need to match with an specific legend color scheme but I haven't succeeded, I've been even learning some arcade ESRI language to make the changes but I haven't accomplished anything useful. I hope ESRI provides a functionally for this in ArcGIS Online soon.

Michael_Kraus

Nearing the 10th anniversary of this well supported and common sense idea.  How much longer will it be "under consideration" for??

wayfaringrob

@Michael_Kraus  hello from 2023 🥱

MetralAlexis

Same problem, amazed to see that has been asked for 10 years. Really ? I've been working with ESRI product for 20 years and it's always the same thing. Shinny and amazing on paper and near to impossible to implement for silly reasons such this one.

BernSzukalski

The upcoming October update (< 2 weeks away) will enable custom chart colors in pop-ups. From the recent mailing which I believe was sent to all ArcGIS Online system administrators and those subscribing to AGOL news:

Customize Pop-Up Chart Colors

When adding charts to pop-ups, you can now select custom colors and color ramps. You can use this new capability to configure charts to use the same colors which are defined in the data layer styling.