Allow 'Photos and Files' column to be used for symbology and labelling

07-19-2018 03:41 PM
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

I have tables in my AGOL organisation, and each time a user takes a photo or adds an attachment to a feature it is shown in the Photos and Files column (highlighted in the below image)

AGOL Table

I would love to be able to symbolise my features based on this column, for example large red dots if there are no attachments (0), and small green ones one there is > 0 attachments. This way the user can see which features have already been audited, and which ones haven't (i understand there are other ways to symbolise, but this would be very simple and efficient I think).

Also we should be able to use this column to create labels, I would love the user to be able to zoom around my points, and if there is > 0 attachments then a label appear over the point showing the number of attachments to that feature.

Reasonably simple ideas that would be very powerful if available to use.

Nathan DuncanJacob BrisolinHenry Clark

2 Comments
EricPescatore

I am taken aback that 2 years later this hasn't gotten any traction. The alternatives using terrible export tables of the attachment data then doing a JOIN in map to display "locations' with attachment just doesn't cut it.

Bonus round: Add the ability to at least SORT the COLUMN.

SUPER BONUS: Give us the full attachment table visible in WebMap/App/DataPage and inside the "services".

KoryKramer

Have you tried working with the Attachments Arcade function to return the number of attachments and symbolize/label on that? Data Functions | ArcGIS for Developers