Allow New Map Viewer to Actually Create Polygons

07-14-2021 01:33 PM
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

Hello, I'm trying to draw a polygon in the new map viewer and it does not work. Editing is enable on the layer. I select edit then Add feature and I am unable to draw a polygon in the new map viewer. It works fine in the old map viewer. We are having to work between the map viewer classic and and the new map viewer to get the desired result. Are there any suggestions on how to create a simple poly gone in the new map viewer? Is this just ESRI just throwing out another half baked product? 

Tags (2)
18 Comments
RussRoberts

Looks like it still has Z values enabled. When looking at the service info.

RussellRoberts1_0-1626367048316.png

WardMitchell2
This layer does have z values, I created and then deleted the other layer that didn’t have z or m values because the end result was the same
RussRoberts

I would like to test out the version that didnt have the z/m values to be able to see what the issue is. If you can share that SD you created when publishing I can use it to test it out.

RussRoberts

Adding and editing worked for me. What browser are you using?

RussellRoberts1_0-1626368815891.png

WardMitchell2
chrome
RussRoberts

Ok that is same for me. Here is a gif of what I see working against the none z enabled version of the layer. 

Animation.gif

WardMitchell2
I tried to add a feature with the no z value layer and now it works, not sure why it didn’t before but oh well thanks for your help