Add all app configuration possibilities to the new map viewer

08-12-2021 01:56 PM
KatieSteele
New Contributor III

In the new map viewer, currently the "Create App" button options are:

KatieSteele_1-1628801780072.png

It would be great if the "Create App" button in the new map viewer would give all of these as an option:

KatieSteele_0-1628801624890.png

These are an option in a web map's details page, but not in the web map itself. 

It'd be easier and more consistent if the options were consistent in both the details page and the map itself. 

Thanks!

Tags (1)
3 Comments
DerekLaw

Hi @KatieSteele

Unfortunately, the Configurable App templates and ArcGIS Web AppBuilder do not support all of the new capabilities in the new Map Viewer. Hence why they are not listed as options in the "Create App" button.

Hope this helps,

LCTechLogin

@DerekLaw 

Is this something that is being worked on?  I really want to play around with the map viewer and all the new opportunities for cartography it creates - but I don't want to lose the flexibility of creating exactly what I need with Web AppBuilder.

DerekLaw

@LCTechLogin 

Is this something that is being worked on? 

Unfortunately, the answer is "no". The new Map Viewer is built on the ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.x release - which has all the latest mapping capabilities.

The ArcGIS Web AppBuilder is built on the ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.x technology - which does not fully support all the functionality in the 4.x release. There are no plans to "upgrade" ArcGIS Web AppBuilder to the JS API 4.x.

To leverage the new mapping capabilities of the new Map Viewer, you'll need to use one of the newer client apps like Instand Apps or ArcGIS Experience Builder.

Hope this helps,