Ability to add custom Color Ramps to ArcGIS Online

05-21-2020 11:01 AM
ArjenTjalma
New Contributor II

Dear ESRI,

We would like to have the option to add a custom Color Ramp under the Image Display menu.

In-house we are currently using the following color ramp to display bathymetry datasets.

The raw bathymetry data will look like this in AGOL

By using a raster function we can create a bathymetry layer that uses this color ramp. The drawback of this is that in the legend it will show as RGB rather than a color ramp with the man & max values next to it. 

But what we really would like is the functionality to add in-house color ramps to the pulldown list as well as the option to invert them, such that the customer can create his own look and feel of his web maps.

4 Comments
TWPFSecretariat

Currently looking for the same feature. I want to use a custom elevation color ramp but I am limited to the default color ramps set by esri. A custom color ramp import function from ArcPro or a AGOL custom color ramp creation app will be very helpful. It will open up the capability for ArcGIS online users to generate creative and unique visualizations to share. I see it as being similar to presets/filters in Adobe CC.

Custom colour scheme for raster tiles in map viewer (previously posted question in communities)

@RussRoberts 

by Anonymous User

I really would like a Green - yellow- red color ramp in AGOL Map Viewer. Please give us the ability to create custom color ramps. Thanks.

GernotKainz

I have the same problem for ArcGIS Portal on ArcGIS Enterprise. We have several Data wich only can be compared within the same colorramp. 3 1/2 years after the initial question i hope there is a solution for this. Or maybe a work around. 

Please let us know.

THX

AudreyMcBee

My team and I are facing the same issue, as the raster function template isn't the solution we were hoping for. Being able to upload a custom color ramp to our organization portal would be the best option.