Deploy web app using arcgis webapp builder and a custom widget

02-26-2022 02:41 PM
Allison_Hockey
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I'm trying to create a web app using the web app builder and I'd like to include a custom widget that I downloaded from the web. I have a personal use license and a developer account as well. My understanding is that I am unable to get an API key with a personal use license and I'm not sure that I need one. I believe Oauth  will accomplish the same thing, which I can get without a developer account. That's confusing. 

I'm really just trying to get my feet wet and learn how to build an app with a custom widget. I've downloaded the ArcGISWebAppBuilder onto my computer on C drive. This is where I understand I can copy my custom widget and deploy my app. Guess I just feel confused about how to get this started. When I start the web app builder from my machine, it throws an invalid redirect uri at me and I'm not sure what that is. I've created two web apps - one in my arcgis online account and one in my developer account. Neither or which is working. I've got serious newbie issues here folks, if anyone can help me I would be so thankful!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LynnZhang2
New Contributor II

It is easier  to add  your custom widget in the custom widgets part using the default one than using developer's version.

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/web-appbuilder/latest/create-apps/add-custom-widgets.htm

0 Kudos
Allison_Hockey
New Contributor III

Thank you Lynn for offering this help. I do not have an enterprise setup however, so this solution will not apply to me. Thanks all the same 🙂

0 Kudos