In order to access the history log, an administrator token must be appended to your request. You can obtain a token in a few ways. The following log includes two quick ways to grab this token.
Note. As these are administrative tokens, please don't share your token in the forums. These can potentially be used in malicious ways if the wrong person obtains your token.
Option 1: Generate a token using postman
1. Download or open postman (It's free)
2. Click the +New button to create a new request
3. In the new tab, set the following:
4. Click on Body and add the following parameters as Key/Value pairs:
5. Click Send and copy the token in the response below for use in requests
Option 2: Use Developer tools
1. Open developer tools in your browser ( In chrome, Menu>more tools> Developer tools)
2. Sign into arcgis.com with your administrator credentials
3. In the developer tools click on network and type 'self' into the filter box
4. Click on the first url, click header tab and scroll to Query String Parameters(the very last section).
5. Copy the token value to use in requests
Hi Kelly Gerrow,
Just want to ask one question. I have successfully created token from Postman. Now to access my hosted services on AGOL, I append reponse token to Feature Service like
https://services1.arcgis.com/Bx7Lx85n4mZ898Vi/arcgis/rest/services/<xyz>/FeatureServer/1?token=<response_token>, I am getting 'Invalid Token' error. I tried using POSTMAN also, but no luck.
@Kelly Gerrow, thanks. Quite helpful. What if I have a feature service and want to generate token for other to access say in third party APIs. AZURE for instance
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.