Testing ArcGIS Notebook Server with Windows Containers beta release

Jump to solution
08-02-2022 02:29 AM
KjellTimalm
New Contributor III

I have installed ArcGIS Notebook server for Windows ver 11.0 on a Windows 2022 server with Mirantis Container Runtime. I have downloaded the ArcGIS Notebook Python Container Image (Standard) for ArcGIS Enterprise (Windows). 
When I run the PostInstallationUtulity.bat -l  to load the image I get the error message: 

Failed to load Docker Image ArcGIS_Notebook_Docker_Standard_110_182933.tar.gz.
unsupported os linux

I assume this means that the image is for Linux OS and not Windows OS. Is there a way of getting hold of the Image for Windows OS.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shikhar_deep
Esri Contributor

Hi KjellTimalm,

Thank you for looking to work with "ArcGIS Notebook Server with Windows containers". At 11.0 it’s a beta feature and available via ESRI’s Early Adopter community. Yes, the windows containers would require a different image than the linux one. You can download the ArcGIS Notebook Server Windows image from the following:

https://earlyadopter.esri.com/project/version/item.html?cap=465e30655923405c9425a95732af45f8&arttype...

We look forward to seeing how you will use ArcGIS Notebook Server 11.0 with Windows containers in your workflows! For more information you may refer to: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/notebook/latest/install/windows/arcgis-notebook-server-with-windows...

Thanks & Regards

Shikhar Deep

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
shikhar_deep
Esri Contributor

Hi KjellTimalm,

Thank you for looking to work with "ArcGIS Notebook Server with Windows containers". At 11.0 it’s a beta feature and available via ESRI’s Early Adopter community. Yes, the windows containers would require a different image than the linux one. You can download the ArcGIS Notebook Server Windows image from the following:

https://earlyadopter.esri.com/project/version/item.html?cap=465e30655923405c9425a95732af45f8&arttype...

We look forward to seeing how you will use ArcGIS Notebook Server 11.0 with Windows containers in your workflows! For more information you may refer to: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/notebook/latest/install/windows/arcgis-notebook-server-with-windows...

Thanks & Regards

Shikhar Deep

0 Kudos
KjellTimalm
New Contributor III

Hi Shikhar Deep,

Thank you for the quick answer. I have downloaded the image and proceeded with installation. It works fine.

It will be interesting to look into this solution with Mirantis and Windows containers. 

Thanks & Regards

Kjell Timalm

0 Kudos
shikhar_deep
Esri Contributor

Welcome @KjellTimalm ,

Looking forward to your feedbacks and how you going to use into your workflows.

Thanks & Regards

Shikhar Deep

0 Kudos
awgeezrick
New Contributor III

Good Morning. I am wondering if that image file is still available? On the my.esri.com for our organization, when I select version 11.0 for Enterprise (Windows) it is still only the Linux image that is available for download. 

Mark

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi @KjellTimalm@shikhar_deep  - we are looking to proceed with ArcGIS Notebook Server Standard on Windows Server 2022 VM using Mirantis and Windows containers.

At this time, 2 users will primarily use notebook server for content, item and user management, but do anticipate running some image analyst and deep learning notebooks, for say rooftop extraction from image services.  

Typically we spec out a new ArcGIS Server Advanced windows vm with 8 cores, 32Gb ram, and a standard 250 Gb C drive. 

Do either of you have any suggestion as to number of cores, memory or disk space different from what I listed here?

Thanks in advance -

David

0 Kudos
shikhar_deep
Esri Contributor

Hi @DavidColey ,

The hardware specifications mentioned are good to start with for ArcGIS Notebook Server too. Also, you need to evaluate the processing to be done within the notebooks. (Though it's a non-GPU environment but your deep learning notebooks would be using ArcGIS Image Server, so it should be fine).

Thanks,
Shikhar Deep