Select to view content in your preferred language

Notebooks fail on "Save", succeed on "Save As"

06-14-2024 06:18 AM
TylerT
by
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I have Creator User Type and Administrator Role.  Our Enterprise Notebook Server was recently stood up.  Notebooks can be created, initially Saved (saved first time only), and Saved As successfully.  However, after creation and the initial Save the Notebook errors and will not save.   These are the errors.

TylerT_0-1718370738530.png

TylerT_1-1718370757006.png

There is a paragraph in the Docs mentioning that only the Owner can save edits, but the results above are the Owner saving his own Notebook.  Docs..https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/notebook/latest/administer/windows/control-notebook-user-privileges...

TylerT_2-1718370971209.png

Any troubleshooting recommendations would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Tyler

Enterprise 11.2

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CodyPatterson
Frequent Contributor

Hey @TylerT 

I was curious if the server has been restarted since being stood-up, there could be some config file that bugged out.

I was curious if you noticed any problems in the console of the browser you're using as well? It could potentially have a failed POST or GET request that can tell us further. I would also recommend checking the logs of the Notebook server to see if there are any failures or breaks.

Cody

0 Kudos
TylerT
by
Frequent Contributor

Hi @CodyPatterson,
The server has been restarted.  I am not able to view console.  Will need to contact others for that.  In the meantime, any other ideas? 

Thx.

Tyler

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Frequent Contributor

Hey @TylerT 

I have noticed on AGOL that the save feature is disabled if you are not the owner, could you attempt to swap the owner to another user temporarily, and then swap it back to see if that resolves what is happening? Along with that, if you Save As and then open up that one, does it also not have the Save?

Cody

0 Kudos
DQT
by
New Contributor

Just wanted to add that strangely if edits to an existing notebook are "saved as" a new workbook, it works without any issues, just "save" with same name errors.

TylerT
by
Frequent Contributor

@CodyPatterson;
I tried both swapping owners and Save As then save to no avail.  Just to be clear, I have a Save button, it just errors out and will not save.
Tyler
Enterprise 11.2

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Frequent Contributor

Hey @TylerT 

I had the issue for a time, but fixed it when I found some errors in the console. I didn't notice it at the time, but the console I mentioned is the Chrome/Firefox/Edge developer console, you'd be looking for any errors that are highlighted in red as this here:

CodyPatterson_0-1718634283500.png

These would point toward potential issues, if you have a screenshot of that I can check it out!

Cody

0 Kudos
TylerT
by
Frequent Contributor

@DQT,

Are you having the same issue?

Tyler

0 Kudos