New ArcGIS Online Subscription won't open Notebooks

Jump to solution
04-07-2022 01:32 AM
CBREEMEA
New Contributor II

Hello,

Did anyone already had this situation: a brand new ArcGIS Online subscription (with 1 creator, 1 editor and 3 viewer users) can't open notebooks. When using the link in the top menu it hangs with the message "Loading...", if I add an notebook file as an item to my content, when it comes to the part of choosing the runtime, it hangs with the message "Loading runtimes..."?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

António

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CBREEMEA
New Contributor II

Hi,

Just want to share that i've solved my problem after reading the proposed solution in the thread "

Access to ArcGIS Notebooks". It seems that in a brand new ArcGIS Online subscrition, only after creating the first hosted service in the subscription, will notebooks be available. After doing that, all works.

Cheers,

António

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

I saw a bit of a wait when opening a notebook in AGOL too.  Have you tried opening one of the sample notebooks?  If so, what happens?  Also, what browser are you using and what is your internet speed?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
CBREEMEA
New Contributor II

Hi,

I don't manage to get to the notebooks start interface where I can choose to open one of the sample notebooks, only a blank page with the message "loading...".

I've tried in Edge and Chrome, connected by wireless and by ethernet connection (200Mbps).

It looks like there's no runtime configured/prepared in the subscription.

Thanks,

António

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Maybe try creating a notebook in ArcGIS Pro?  Is there a reason you want to do it through AGOL?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
CBREEMEA
New Contributor II

Having the notebook in AGOL allows me to scheduled it to run periodically with no need to have my computer turned on.

CBREEMEA
New Contributor II

Hi,

Just want to share that i've solved my problem after reading the proposed solution in the thread "

Access to ArcGIS Notebooks". It seems that in a brand new ArcGIS Online subscrition, only after creating the first hosted service in the subscription, will notebooks be available. After doing that, all works.

Cheers,

António