Idle Notebook Timeout

Jump to solution
04-21-2021 05:41 PM
Labels (1)
MarkWestergaard
New Contributor III

I'm running ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 in Azure. My Notebook Server is on a dedicated Windows Server 2019 VM (deployed with the Cloud Builder tool). We get a pop-up saying "Notebook Disconnected" every 3 minutes. I checked the settings in Notebook Manager and see that the Idle Notebook Threshold is set to 720 minutes. I also checked the Azure Application Gateway (deployed by Cloud Builder instead of Web Adapter). Its Idle Timeout is set at 15 minutes. Anything I am missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkWestergaard
New Contributor III

Thanks to support from our Esri architect, we found the culprit in the Azure App Gateway settings. The HTTP configuration in the backend for port 11443 to the Notebook server contains a timeout setting that defaults to 180 seconds. I updated it to match the 15 minute timeout on the frontend public IP address.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MarkWestergaard
New Contributor III

Thanks to support from our Esri architect, we found the culprit in the Azure App Gateway settings. The HTTP configuration in the backend for port 11443 to the Notebook server contains a timeout setting that defaults to 180 seconds. I updated it to match the 15 minute timeout on the frontend public IP address.