Density Based Clustering Issue AGOL

04-13-2022 06:41 PM
Labels (1)
BrianHilton
New Contributor II

When running Density Based Clustering on AGOL, both DBSCAN and HDBSCAN produce output, but OPTICS does not - I'm using the same data/feature for all analyses - below is an image of the errors I receive for OPTICS...

Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 18-39-53 Density_Based_Clustering_AGOL_Optics_Issue_04132022_v1.png

0 Kudos
10 Replies
BrianHilton
New Contributor II

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

0 Kudos
DominicLee
New Contributor

anyone? we have been trying to solve this for a few weeks now. All other clustering runs fine, including the DBSCAN and HDBSCAN. its only when we try to run the OPTICS that the error occurs. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

0 Kudos
AlbertoNieto1
Esri Contributor

@BrianHilton - Thanks for reporting this issue. We've reproduced it and are investigating. We'll keep you posted on a resolution. 

0 Kudos
AlbertoNieto1
Esri Contributor

@BrianHilton and @DominicLee - Thanks again for reporting the problem. We've created a fix for the issue and it will be included with the ArcGIS Online 10.2 release, which is expected in late June or early July. 

We apologize for the inconvenience the issue created. 

In the meantime, would you have access to ArcGIS Pro? The Density-based Clustering with the OPTICS method works in ArcGIS Pro, and while I understand that this may not solve the immediate need to run the tool from a notebook in AGOL, I'm hoping that you can still complete your analysis on a different part of ArcGIS in the meantime.  

0 Kudos
BrianHilton
New Contributor II

@AlbertoNieto1  - OK, sounds good, thanks for the update!  I've been using AGOL notebooks for a GIS data science course I teach - that way I don't need to deal with local Python environment issues...  Yes, using ArcGIS Pro is an option, and we'll use that if needed.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
KellyMurphy1
New Contributor

Hi, I see the issue brought up in this thread about running Density Based Clustering, specifically OPTICS, in AGOL notebooks was supposed to be fixed in the newest release of AGOL, but I am still getting the same error that the original poster received (shown in their attached image). I am hoping to get some info about this issue, thanks!

0 Kudos
AlbertoNieto1
Esri Contributor

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for letting us know. Can you please confirm the following two things? 
1. In your notebook, please run the following command on a cell: 

arcpy.GetInstallInfo()

... then please post the result. 

2. In your notebook item "Info"...

AlbertoNieto1_0-1681506992819.png

... can you please post a screenshot of what you see in the settings at the bottom for the notebook runtime? 

AlbertoNieto1_1-1681507104604.png

0 Kudos
KellyMurphy1
New Contributor

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for the quick reply. Here are the screenshots you requested. Please let know if you need any other information, thanks!

0 Kudos
AlbertoNieto1
Esri Contributor

Great, thanks Kelly. 

When you have a moment, could you please try the following with your notebook and then attempt to run Density-based Clustering with the OPTICS method again to see if the problem is resolved? 

1. Open your notebook item page, where you saw the notebook runtime dropdown.

2. Ensure the notebook is not open on any browser tabs. 

3. Change the runtime to ArcGIS Notebook Python 3 Advanced - 7.0

AlbertoNieto1_1-1681750546954.jpeg

4. Open the notebook and attempt to run Density-based Clustering with OPTICS. 

Please let me know if you have a moment to run this and if the tool runs as expected in that new runtime. 

Thank you for your time,

Alberto

0 Kudos