Unable to reach some stop points when using route network analysis

Jump to solution
07-19-2022 07:04 AM
Labels (1)
FailaqulHaq
New Contributor

I got these warning when running routing analysis with "preserve first stop mode", so some stops are not reached by the route output. what should i do to fix this ?

Solve
=====================
Parameters

Input Network Analysis Layer Route4
Ignore Invalid Locations SKIP
Terminate on Solve Error TERMINATE
Simplification Tolerance
Network Analyst Layer Route4
Solve Succeeded true
Overrides
=====================
Start Time: 19 July 2022 17:24:53
Location "RUMKITAL Dr. Ramelan Surabaya" was unreached.
Location "Rumah Sakit Islam Jemursari Surabaya" was unreached.
Location "Rumah Sakit Universitas Airlangga" was unreached.
Location "National Hospital" was unreached.
Location "Rumah Sakit Surabaya Medical Center" was unreached.
Location "Rumah Sakit Spesialis Husada Utama" was unreached.
Location "Rumah Sakit PHC Medical Centre" was unreached.
Location "Rumah Sakit Umum Daerah Dr. Soetomo" was unreached.
Location "Rumah Sakit Mitra Keluarga" was unreached.
Location "Rumah Sakit Surabaya Medical Center" was unreached.
Location "RSU Bhakti Rahayu" was unreached.
WARNING 030025: Partial solution generated.
Succeeded at 19 July 2022 17:24:54 (Elapsed Time: 0.27 seconds)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

When you add a duplicate first stop as the last, you have to give it the max sequence number as that is what determines the first and last. So if you have 50 stops. Then the start stop is added as sequence 1 and again as sequence 51.

You can change the restrictions that are being used before you solve the route so that it can enter restricted areas. As far as editing a route after the fact, well, it is a simply a line feature, you can edit it with editing tools.

Jay Sandhu

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertBeckerGIS
New Contributor II

@JaySandhu can you shed any light on this? I am running into the same issue currently. Even though there is a road present. Can it be an issue with the online service network? 

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you provide any more information on how you are solving this? Is it using the ArcGIS Online routing service or using your own local data? Generally a message like this means there is no path to the location which could be because the underlying network data may have some connectivity problem.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
RobertBeckerGIS
New Contributor II

@JaySandhu  in my particular scenario I am using the ArcGIS Online Routing service. 

I have generated midpoints off the street centerlines and it seems to be working well besides some areas are not completing. 

Brown = the route generated
Yellow = The underlying streets 

RobertBeckerGIS_0-1660084277535.png

Also am wondering why it is not completing into a single route? Is there a way to set the start and stop as the same point so it comes to a complete loop?

RobertBeckerGIS_1-1660084515454.png

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

The route solver does not close a loop. If you want to return to start location then you have to add it as the last stop with Preserve First and Last stop option.

For the unreachable streets, there maybe some restriction (gated community or limited access road) that is blocking the visit to that neighborhood.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
RobertBeckerGIS
New Contributor II

@JaySandhu I tried to preserve the first and last stop option but was having trouble doing so. Would you add a duplicate stop that is "1" in the sequence but then the duplicate is the last number?

Understood on the unreachable streets. Is there anyway to manually edit the route after it is generated? Since I can see from aerial imagery there should be public access. 

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

When you add a duplicate first stop as the last, you have to give it the max sequence number as that is what determines the first and last. So if you have 50 stops. Then the start stop is added as sequence 1 and again as sequence 51.

You can change the restrictions that are being used before you solve the route so that it can enter restricted areas. As far as editing a route after the fact, well, it is a simply a line feature, you can edit it with editing tools.

Jay Sandhu