Search_Query in Network Analyst Tools -> Add Locations not persistent

Jump to solution
03-07-2012 04:59 AM
SebastianKrings
Occasional Contributor
I???m trying to use the Add Locations tool in a Model composed in Model Builder. In Add Locations I want to use the search query to restrict the network features where the input features are located at.
In my screenshot (german) you see a simple search query at the bottom. Now, when I confirm this dialog by clicking ok and then open that Add Locations tool in my model again, all settings remain except for my search query.

I also tried to make a variable from that search query and set the query in that variable. However, that variable also doesn???t keep my settings and changes to blank again.

How can I make my search query keep the value I configure?

Thanks for any help!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertGarrity
Esri Contributor
Hello,
I installed a German language version of ArcGIS, and tested this out. ModelBuilder doesn't seem to be listening to that SQL parameter, which looks like a bug. A workaround, however, is to make a dummy edit to another parameter after editing your SQL, for example:

1. Edit your SQL text.

2. Check off "Die nachste in allen Klassen suchen".

3. Check on "Die nachste in allen Klassen suchen".

By the way, you said "In Add Locations I want to use the search query to restrict the network features where the input features are located at." I don't understand German, so I don't know what's being loaded in the dialog box you displayed. But given your statement, it seems like you could load your features as restriction barriers to restrict network elements, thereby avoiding any search queries.

Robert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertGarrity
Esri Contributor
Hello,
I installed a German language version of ArcGIS, and tested this out. ModelBuilder doesn't seem to be listening to that SQL parameter, which looks like a bug. A workaround, however, is to make a dummy edit to another parameter after editing your SQL, for example:

1. Edit your SQL text.

2. Check off "Die nachste in allen Klassen suchen".

3. Check on "Die nachste in allen Klassen suchen".

By the way, you said "In Add Locations I want to use the search query to restrict the network features where the input features are located at." I don't understand German, so I don't know what's being loaded in the dialog box you displayed. But given your statement, it seems like you could load your features as restriction barriers to restrict network elements, thereby avoiding any search queries.

Robert
0 Kudos
SebastianKrings
Occasional Contributor
Hi Robert,

thanks a lot! With your workaround it seems to work like a charm.

Loading my features as restrictions instead of using the search query wouldn't have solved my problem. In fact, I shouldn't have used the word "restrict". The features I load are not ment to be restrictions.

With that workaround you saved me from a lot of time!
0 Kudos