Road Lines selected outside of network tolerance provided, while creating a service area

Jump to solution
01-29-2019 10:43 PM
Ahmed_AltafTambe1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have created a service area in a network dataset, where I loaded the locations and provided 1320 feet as search tolerance. I opted for generating lines, due to random gaps being created with polygon generation in service area. Coming back to the question, despite of giving a search tolerance  for the locations few roads are still showing up in service area.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

The unlocated facilities will have NO lines allocated to them. The lines in red must be allocated to some other facility. You could select all the unlocated facilities and delete them from the service area/facilities layer and then again solve the layer. Are the lines being allocated? There must be some other facility to which they are being allocated.

Also, did you load these facilities with network locations or geometry? If you used network locations then those facilities maybe located on wrong edges. In the NA window, you can right-click the facilities and choose Relocate Location Fields and choose ALL. 

Jay Sandhu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Not sure if I understand your issue or the attached picture. The search tolerance is for locating the input facilities. It puts a limit on how far to search the network for locating. That tolerance does not have anything to do with the subsequent service area solve which will travel on the network to a specified break distance or cost.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
Ahmed_AltafTambe1
New Contributor II

I did use 1320 feet in search tolerance which gave me few "Unlocated Facilities". I am generating lines for service area, hence I used 1320 feet in the Analysis settings tab in Network properties window --> Solve. When I measure the distance from an "Unlocated Facility" (in Image) to the red line ( i.e. Service Area line) which is 2000+ feet. Which I think is wrong. 

I appreciate your inputs on it.

Ahmed

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

The unlocated facilities will have NO lines allocated to them. The lines in red must be allocated to some other facility. You could select all the unlocated facilities and delete them from the service area/facilities layer and then again solve the layer. Are the lines being allocated? There must be some other facility to which they are being allocated.

Also, did you load these facilities with network locations or geometry? If you used network locations then those facilities maybe located on wrong edges. In the NA window, you can right-click the facilities and choose Relocate Location Fields and choose ALL. 

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
Ahmed_AltafTambe1
New Contributor II

I think there was some issue, with the unlocated points. However once I right click on facilities--> recalculate location fields--> ALL. Then it gives the correct results, without getting rid of the unlocated points. 

Thank you for all your help Jay.