One-ways only for digitized direction?  Or other options?

11-02-2012 01:03 PM
ChrisHiggins
New Contributor
Hello, we have a detailed road network that unique as it is tied to link-level congestion.  However, it wasn't originally digitized to be used as a network in ArcMap.

The problem concerns the digitized directions of the links.  Each side of a typical road for example has two parallel line links, but the digitized directions of these links seems to be random.

Due to attributes within the file itself (i.e. Northbound, Southbound), we can determine which side of the road it is.

But creating a network requires changing the attributes for each link's direction.

Is there a way to ignore the digitized direction when setting up one-way restrictions?  For example, rather than From-To or To-From, can the network be set up so that links with the one-way attribute of 1 can travel only to other 1s, 2s to 2s, with a neutral 0 category where directionality is not restricted?

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RamB
by
Occasional Contributor III
I do not think there is an easy solution. If you do not have many such lines then you could consider using the flip tool.

regards,
0 Kudos
NicoleHanson
New Contributor III
You're problem sounds like it could be resolved like how I attributed for bridges. If that's the case, making sure that only 1s connect, 2s connect, etc.  Then here's how I did it:

t_elev and f_elev for the field names.

I put the arrows at the end for the symbol (which helps with knowing the to or from that was digitalized).  Then if it was traveling TO the bridge intersection it got a 1 in the t_elev field.  And then the line traveling FROM it would have a 1. 

It's very manual intestive, but for me, it works.

Hope this helps!
0 Kudos