OD Cost Matrix not identifying all possible routes/lines

06-08-2011 03:19 PM
KellyIzzard
New Contributor
Howdy

I have a simple network with 6 Origins and 314 Destinations. When I run the OD Cost Matrix it only generates 1524 routes out of a possible 1884. When I identify the 'missed' destinations and run the New Route process I can 'reach' any of the missed destinations from any of the Origins.

Any idea why the OD cost Matrix isn't capturing all the destinations?........Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShilpaBhadsavle
New Contributor
Hi!
I don't know if this happens for sure...
Have you checked if any of the destinations have a common 'label' or 'Name' attribute on which you are locating the facilities? ('Network Locations' tab on Layer properties). At 'Load Locations' window, if you had picked that field as a 'Sort Field', maybe it does not pick the second occurance of the same value in that field.
I had two addresses as '200 Main St', but in two different cities. Network Analyst created routes to only the first one.

Shilpa
0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
Howdy

I have a simple network with 6 Origins and 314 Destinations. When I run the OD Cost Matrix it only generates 1524 routes out of a possible 1884. When I identify the 'missed' destinations and run the New Route process I can 'reach' any of the missed destinations from any of the Origins.

Any idea why the OD cost Matrix isn't capturing all the destinations?........Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Do you have any cutoff on distance/time set for the OD? Are their any different restrictions set between the OD and route and/or hierarchy setting different? Any barriers being used?

Did you try running an OD just between the origins and the missing destinations?

There should be no difference between OD or route in terms of reaching the same set of locations.
0 Kudos