No route found in Route Solver, Closest Facility Solver

06-24-2014 01:51 PM
adamorgan
New Contributor
Hello!

I am trying to solve for the shortest distance between a set of points to one specific point (in a different feature class). I've set up my network dataset and solver so that my connection is at endpoints and my impedance is feet. When I solve for closest facilities (the single facility feature class) some of my incident points return an error that "no facilities found". My search tolerance is 50 miles, which I know to be much greater than needed.

I do not have one ways turned on.

When I use the route solver, I return an error when choosing pick points on top of the facility and on top of the incidents that return an error. However, when I move the pick point to a location near the error-indicent, I am able to eventually find a route that works.

What can be going on here? It is another connectivity error other than one way?

Furthermore, when I rebuild the network dataset and set my connection to verticies, and solve the same closest facility solver, ALL of the incidents return a route.

Why would this change in connectivity matter?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
Why would this change in connectivity matter?

Sounds like your 'network' isn't connected at the ends.  Use the network inspector tool and start touching segments and see if they are connected or not.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
adamorgan
New Contributor

I have found a solution to my issue. I was using the US Census Bureau file for roads in counties of Illinois. I should have used the file for "all lines". I then filtered out unneeded lines (all lines that do not make up a street network such as waterways and bike paths). I can build a working network dataset connected at endpoints using this file.

0 Kudos