Looking for clarification of a Network Analyst Message

11-14-2011 02:34 AM
RobertLindquist
New Contributor
When I solve for a route, I am getting the following message:

Warning: Gaps have been detected in the cumulative impedance values of the output. This can occur due to the presence of positive-impedance junctions, turns, or additive point barriers along the output edges. Measures have been disabled for output in this case.

I have looked in the Help to try to find out exactly what it all means and if it is a serious problem.  I have modified the "minutes" attribute to encourage/discourage travel along some parts of the network.  In the route directions, I am not concerned with travel time, only a workable route (I'm routing oversize vehicles and simply looking for a way to get them from point A to point B).  I don't know if that is what's causing this message or not.  Any further explanation of what the message means and what the ramifications are would be appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougSterling
Esri Contributor
It isn't a serious problem.  You have requested a route shape with measure information and the solver is unable to provide measures because you have junctions with non zero impedance attributes, turns with non zero impedance attributes or scaled cost barriers.

If you open the route layer, activate the "Analysis Settings" tab, and change the Output Shape Type from "True shape with measures" to "true shape" then you will not get this error.

The solver is telling you that you asked for measures on your output shape but that it was unable to set measures.  This in no way impacts the route chosen.

Hope this clears things up!
0 Kudos
RobertLindquist
New Contributor
Thanks.  It didn't seem to be a serious error, I just hate seeing those kinds of things and not understanding what is going on.  I appreciate your help.
0 Kudos