I have tried creating the new network and when I do analysis, I either get no service area or one scattered everywhere? What should I do?

06-15-2015 12:29 PM
JuanPedreño
New Contributor II

I am having problems with my Network Analyst.  I have tried creating a new network dataset,  and I either get no area at all or scattered area.  I have run analysis on my dataset and it is clean, but doesn't seem to build correctly.  What am I missing?

Thank you.

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You can't get the same results using the same procedure with the same data, so provide details as to what you did and are doing​

0 Kudos
JuanPedreño
New Contributor II

I have a street shp file that I am using the ArcCatalog procedure to create a network dataset.  I am not including elevation and have then set up the service area in Network Analyst and I usually get no answer at all when I use 3 minutes for the calculation.  If you need additional information, please let me know.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

​It was hard to see where the location you were trying to do a service area around from your image.  Can you focus into that location and its surrounding streets?  Alternately, chose a new location and see if a service area can be applied around it.  Of course this assumes you have a time field in your table (ie minutes) to use as the impedance rather than the default segment lengths.

0 Kudos
JuanPedreño
New Contributor II

Okay, so I double checked my timecost field and it is there and filled in.  I created a new network dataset and added it to my map.  So this is the map I got when I tried to have service area from the two stations 35 and 36. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Network analyst tutorial​ ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

I don't see a network data set and you are using a basemap which may not be in a planar coordinate system.

0 Kudos