How to solve the problem of snapping into the bus when it is not a bus stop

Jump to solution
04-27-2021 05:31 PM
OranuchW
New Contributor

Hi, I am creating a network dataset by my own data.  Basically, I have origin and destination points and I just link them together.  I don't really care the route for this type of transportation. I select the points of origin and destination as junction and the line between origin and destination as edge.  My problem is the optimal route is to jump out off the line when it reach a demand point.  How can I make them start only at the origin and stop at the destination?

The title is slightly misleading but I think it is easier to understand when I compare it to a bus stop.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

If I understand your issue, you want your origin and destination points to snap to the junctions of your network and not on the edge location closet to your points. If that is the case, then you can on the Add Locations tool choose to snap to junctions shape and set the edges to none. That way your points will snap to the junctions and not the edges.

Jay Sandhu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Can you provide a picture? Struggling to understand your issue from the detail you've provided.

0 Kudos
OranuchW
New Contributor

Here is my example.  I found the route from a facility to a demand point is like this.

Screenshot 2021-04-29 203643.png

The route follows the straight line that I created from origin-destination points.  However, the exit should be at the junction.  When the line met the demand point, it just exited there. 

Screenshot 2021-04-29 203904.png

  

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

If I understand your issue, you want your origin and destination points to snap to the junctions of your network and not on the edge location closet to your points. If that is the case, then you can on the Add Locations tool choose to snap to junctions shape and set the edges to none. That way your points will snap to the junctions and not the edges.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
OranuchW
New Contributor

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos