How to copy the Street SDC Network Dataset provided by ESRI?

03-28-2011 12:47 PM
RodelVelasco
New Contributor
Hello,

I am a beginner and using Java.

Does anybody know how to copy the Street SDC Network Dataset provided by ESRI to my File Geodatabase? Or can I work using the SDC Network Dataset provided by ESRI plua a separate File Geodatabase with my Feature Dataset/Classes in it?

Thanks in advance.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Hi,

I am not sure how you can access the StreetMap Premium data for routing with Java, but maybe .NET pages could help you a bit.
http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/arcobjects_net/conceptualhelp/index.html#/Programming_with_Street...

One thing though is that you cannot extract the Streets feature class from the SDC dataset, because it is read-only and cannot be exported externally to a geodatabase or a shapefile.

You can find more information about SDC licensing features from the local help files you have got with the ESRI StreetMap Premuim media.
0 Kudos
DougSterling
Esri Contributor
Or can I work using the SDC Network Dataset provided by ESRI plua a separate File Geodatabase with my Feature Dataset/Classes in it?

You can use the SDC network dataset with point inputs from a file geodatabase (or SDE database or shapefile or personal geodatabase).  There is no requirement that everything be in the same workspace or even that everything have the same projection.  It should "just work".
0 Kudos
Giuseppe_RiccardoBelvisi
New Contributor
Hi all.
I want to add another hierarchic layer in your SDC database,
or at least being able to work with this additional shapefile of local streets I have.
I also need to change the parameters to modify the routes' speed and lenght according to the parameters elaborated during a research.

Would that be possible, starting having your SDC roads database?

Regards,
G.
0 Kudos
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Hi,

ESRI Street Map Premium streets.sdc and streets.rs are only for read-only use. You cannot modify the data. You might consider setting up an own Network Analyst dataset with your local data sources and use the sdc data as a reference.
0 Kudos