How can I load more than 1000 candidates and more than 10,000 demand points into ArcGIS location allocation

04-30-2020 03:33 PM
OnelPerez
New Contributor II

How can I load more than 1000 candidates and more than 10,000 demand points into ArcGIS location allocation

Tags (1)
4 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is this in Pro? ArcMap may not have the same limitation.

Candidate facilitiesFacilities to findNumber of potential solutions

1.009 x 1029

1.167 x 10149

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Don't get your hopes up... or down... 

The table only shows the complexity of the problem, not whether it can be solved.

You should read 

https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/extensions/network-analyst/algorithms-used-by-network-an... 

which describes the heuristics of the problem.

Whether it can be solved for your situation will most likely be a combination of your data and its nature as well as your computing resources

Jay Sandhu‌ may have experience as to whether the simple combinations of candidates and demand points can be simplified further

JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

We do not impose any limits on the number of facilities or demand you can load into a location-allocation layer IF you are using your own local network dataset. But the online logistic services has limits as documented in the Usage Limits section here:

Location-Allocation service—ArcGIS REST API: Directions and Routing Services | ArcGIS for Developers 

So you can either use a local network dataset with desktop software like ArcGIS Pro, or you could stand your own services using Enterprise and change the limits for these services.

Jay Sandhu

AmberKeller2
New Contributor II

If you use ArcMap there is not limit however you need to use your own roads layer. I wrote a tutorial for ArcMap Network Analysis GIS/NA.md at master · akell47/GIS · GitHub 

0 Kudos