hi, so i have to code with python for network modeling . my problem that after setting the database i cannot undrestand what is modiling ,what to code

05-26-2021 05:15 AM
ines-mahmoud
New Contributor III

am using ArcGIS pro desktop and Pycharm like editor

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Another great question! 😎

0 Kudos
ines-mahmoud
New Contributor III

am suffering here

so you don t have idea. my university gives me this project and really cannot understand what to do and how . what kind of output I should have 

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Please provide specific details about your assignment and what you're confused about. There's not enough information in your question for me to understand what you need help with.

ines-mahmoud
New Contributor III

until now i just have geodatabase

they tell me to do a project of modeling network

in my data I have roads and cities

so I don't have any idea about modeling what to do?

they just say i should use python code

this is why am here am trying to understand network modeling 

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

I think you should start with our tutorials so you can understand the types of modeling and analysis that the Network Analyst extension can do. We have tutorials to explain the different types of analysis and tutorials to help you create a network dataset using your street data. These tutorials don't use python, but you should still start here so you can understand conceptually what you're doing.

Once you know what you want to do, you can read about how to do network analysis with python.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
ines-mahmoud
New Contributor III

Do you mean that modeling is setting data and using Network Analyst ?

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

I guess so. But I really don't know what your professor wants. If you do not understand the assignment, you should really ask your professor.

0 Kudos