Hello, I am using the ‘Make Route Layer’ tool. Usually, I manually enter the optional ‘Start Time’. However, I have a field in a table where different start times are stored. Is there a way of automatically feeding these different start times to the ‘Make

Jump to solution
07-11-2017 09:22 AM
euseagip
New Contributor

Hello, I am using the ‘Make Route Layer’ tool. Usually, I manually enter the optional ‘Start Time’. However, I have a field in a table where different start times are stored. Is there a way of automatically feeding these different start times to the ‘Make Route Layer’ tool? This will enable me iterate through the range of start times. Thanks in anticipation.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

You can do this in a python script.  Take a look at the last code sample on this page: Make Service Area Layer—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

You don't actually need to make a new Route layer for every time of day.  You can use the solver properties object to update the time on your existing layer and solve again.  You would just need to read in your list of times from the file and then loop through them in the script.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

You can do this in a python script.  Take a look at the last code sample on this page: Make Service Area Layer—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

You don't actually need to make a new Route layer for every time of day.  You can use the solver properties object to update the time on your existing layer and solve again.  You would just need to read in your list of times from the file and then loop through them in the script.