Directions in 10.1 not working with ModelBuilder or in a  Network Service

05-29-2012 11:29 AM
EricStipe
New Contributor III
I am having an issue getting directions to return when using ModelBuilder or through a network service with ArcGIS server. In 10.1 desktop the directions work fine, and return in the directions window. Also, The model that I made works in 10, and without the directions it works in 10.1. When the directions are set to not return (as false) in the network service a route is returned as well. But when in 10.1 both the model version of the route solve with directions as well as the network service return error 030020: failed to generate directions. Solve required prior to generating directions". Is this some sort of bug, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Eric
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Hi Eric 🙂

Could you please elaborate on your steps you do (describe briefly)

1) to build a model (what GP tools do you use and what is input/output)
2) to publish a GP service (which you create as I understood)

As a quick check though, I'd suggest running the test with the original (not modified resources.xml) directions file just to make sure it does not work with original directions files either. This is because I've seen this error message in ArcGIS Desktop environments too when the localized directions files have been used.
0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
What version of ArcGIS 10.1 do you have? Beta, Pre-Release? Have you tried posting to the beta forums or calling tech support? This forum is not for beta products.
Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
EricStipe
New Contributor III
Jay,

I went to the beta resource center forums but it directed me back here. I will try calling tech support. My apologies for the incorrect location of this post.

Alex,

I will PM you, as to not populate this forum with misplaced information.

eric.
0 Kudos