Different time windows for different vehicle

07-12-2022 07:55 PM
HermawanHermawanDaviedKusuma
New Contributor

I have a case of vehicle routing problem delivery and pickup to make deliveries from the depot to the customer and pickup from the supplier to the depot for perishable food products. I consider suppliers and customers as orders and then I have 2 different types of vehicles to analyze in the following 3 scenarios:
1. Using a vehicle A has perishable facilities so that it can store products in the vehicle for 8 hours of working time.
2. Using vehicle B, which does not have perishable facilities, is only able to store products for 5 hours, so I set the time windows as follows:

Time Windows StartTime Windows End
Customer10:00:0015:00:00
Supplier13:00:0018:00:00
Depot10:00:0018:00:00

Vehicle departure from depot set in EarliestStartTime and LatestStartTime with the same value, 10:00:00

3. Combining scenarios 1 and 2 to solve simultaneously in one model to form a heterogeneous fleet vehicle routing problem, but I'm having trouble because I can't give special treatment to vehicle A free from time windows. I hope Esri Community can help me.
Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShubhadaKshirsagar1
New Contributor II

Hello,

You could try using specialties to do this. Specialties on orders and routes ensure that the assignment honors specific requirements by an order and a driver or route. In this case, the customer and supplier orders can have specialty set to 'Perishable'. The Vehicles of type A should be set with the same specialty value 'Perishable'. That will make sure the perishable orders are assigned to Vehicle type A.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Shubhada

0 Kudos