custom traffic provider sample update traffic data error

05-06-2013 05:14 AM
MelindaFrost
Occasional Contributor
Hi,
I have successful set up using the Custom Traffic Provider sample on my local machine.[HTML]http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=e11126ea20e941bd9644046e62e2bdbe[/HTML]
But when I move it to my cloud server I get the following error:
030103 : Failed to update traffic data.
The only difference between the two is on my local machine I built the solution in MS Visual Studio 2008 to register the tool and on the cloud I used ESRIregsam.exe. And the cloud doesn't have anything like windows office or MS Visual Studio installed but I didn't get the impression either was needed.
The error seems to suggest a permission issue but i have set the folder that has everything- code, dll, csv file, location for DTF output- to allow everyone to have read/write access to try and resolve this. I am logged in as admin user and I even tried running arccatalog as admin but still I get the error.
Any ideas what I am missing?
Thanks
Melinda
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor
To update this thread for anyone who comes across it in search...

Turns out the problem was with the difference between 32 and 64bit geoprocessing.  10.1 SP1 supports 64bit background geoprocessing.  If the custom traffic provider is only registered with the 32bit esriregasm.exe, then it will only work in 32bit GP. 

Registering using the 64bit esriregasm allows custom DLLs to work in 32bit Desktop and GP, along with 64bit Server and background GP.
0 Kudos
KerenCohen
Esri Contributor
I am trying to work with the same sample at:
http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=e11126ea20e941bd9644046e62e2bdbe
I am working with 10.2.2
I compiled and registered the dll for both 32 and 64 bit
I get the same "ERROR 030103: Failed to update traffic data" error on my ArcCatalog (sreen shot attached) only I get it in my ArcCatalog
I added the Predictive_01 and Predictive_02 fields to the CustomTrafficSpeedFeed.csv (as advised on the comments I also tried with the original file before)
I am logged in as administrator
I ran it using my administrator user name and password (even though I am not sure why are the user and password are mandatory inputs)
0 Kudos
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor
Hello!

I'll set up a 10.2.2 machine to try out the sample and see if there is a problem with that release.

In the meantime, are you running with background GP (64 bit)?  Or in the foreground (32bit)?   If it is background, try turning off background GP to see if the sample works in 32bit.

The "interface not supported" part of your error makes me concerned that something broke in 10.2.2, so I'll try that in the meantime.

This might take me a bit, so if you need help more urgently, please contact tech support.

Thanks
0 Kudos
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor
I posted a fix to the problem here:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=e11126ea20e941bd9644046e62e2bdbe

Please download it and let me know if there are other issues.   The problem was that a new interface is required at 10.2.2, ITrafficProvider2.

Thanks for finding a bug and sorry for any inconvenience!
0 Kudos
KerenCohen
Esri Contributor
Thank you very much.
You are the BEST!
The Update traffic data tool is now working 🙂

The problem is that it only work with the sample data 😞
With my data I get the new error "Invalid function arguments" (screen shot attached)
I attached my data as well 🙂
Help will be appreciated

Thanks again,
Keren.
0 Kudos
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor
Are you running the tool in the background?  Try turning that off.

Go to the Geoprocessing menu item.
Choose options
Uncheck the box marked Enable for background processing.

I think the issue is that the tool is not registered to run in 64bit.
0 Kudos
KerenCohen
Esri Contributor
I did register it for 64 bit.
It did  not run before I registered it.
now it works with the sample data but not with my data.
Any other idea?
0 Kudos
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor
Hmmm... The 64bit issue is troubling.   I'll try to figure this out, but it might take time.

In the meantime, is disabling background processing a sufficient workaround for now?
0 Kudos
KerenCohen
Esri Contributor
Hmmm... The 64bit issue is troubling.   I'll try to figure this out, but it might take time.

In the meantime, is disabling background processing a sufficient workaround for now?

The 64 issue is not the problem. It works the same for bit 64 and 32 bit.
The problem is that it only works with the sample data and not with the data that I attached before.

I disabled the 64bit background geoprocessing but as I suspected the error remains the same:

Executing: UpdateTrafficData "Custom Provider" stltd\kerenc ***** 'Custom Region' "C:\Data\Network_Decell\Traffic Data Output Folder" 5 120 NO_COMPRESS 60 MPH
Start Time: Sun Jun 22 06:37:23 2014
ERROR 030103: Failed to update traffic data.
Invalid function arguments
Invalid function arguments
Failed to execute (UpdateTrafficData).
Failed at Sun Jun 22 06:37:24 2014 (Elapsed Time: 0.15 seconds)

I am attaching my data that failed.

Please try to help me with solving this problem.
0 Kudos